The JHMRI Pilot Grant Program was established to allow investigators from a variety of disciplines to initiate new projects relevant to malaria.
Successful applications will focus on the development of new ideas which are likely to lead to future external funding. Pilot grant preliminary and final results are presented in poster sessions at the annual JHMRI conference. See all past and current pilot grants, with their specific aims.
Pilot Grant Submission and Review
Pre-Application Submission Dates
Full Application Submission Dates by Invitation Only
Award Dates Between
July 1 to January 1
Full applications for JHMRI Pilot Grants will be accepted by invitation only after favorable review of pre-proposal submission. Notification of either acceptance or decline of pre-application will be sent by May 10th. Full application instructions and forms will be sent directly to the PIs at time of invitation.
Pre-proposal submissions must be on JHMRI forms that consist of the JHMRI Face Page, JHMRI Abstract Page, Principal Investigator's biosketch including Other Support and Key Personnel biosketch. Please send Pre-Application to the below address by May 1st.
- Instructions for Pre-Application Submission
- Forms for Pre-Application Submission
- Past Pilot Grant Holders - Clarification Form
- Face Page Business Office signatures are not required
- Abstract and Personnel Page
- Biosketch (PI and Key Personnel) including other support
- Past Pilot Grant Holders form, if applicable
NOTE: Previous pilot grants must have expired, including no-cost extensions, prior to submitting a pre-application.
Please send an electronic copy of your Pre-Application to:
Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
Bloomberg School of Public Health
Scientific Progress Reports
- An Annual Progress Report is due 30 days prior to the ending date of the first year award. Second year funding is contingent upon timely submission and successful review of the progress report. Second year of funding is not automatic.
- A Final Progress Report is due two months after the award ends. One-year projects require only a final report.
- Request the JHMRI 1st year Progress Report form, JHMRI 2nd year Progress Report form with a no-cost extension request or JHMRI Final Progress Report form via email to email@example.com.